Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday


Today I got to unload a glaze kiln that I fired yesterday and I came to a realization; I need another kiln. I've been trying to focus more on efficiency in the studio, as I'm trying to increase my production quite a bit. So I figured that while I was firing a glaze kiln, I could also be firing a bisque kiln. I have the studio space, and I could double the amount of pieces I produce. My glaze kiln did, however, turn out quite well. A fine example of that would be this bowl to your left.

I've also come to the conclusion that I need to research surface texture in my work more, whether it be through stamps, or impressing objects into the surfaces of my pots, or something else that I have yet to come up with.

I've been checking out the work of my fellow members of the Etsy Mud Team and I am impressed everyday by the caliber of work that comes out of that group. I have been so inspired by the members of the Mud Team and have already gotten so much great advice from them. So I'd like to take this opportunity to say thanks to the members of the Mud Team who are always sooooooooo helpful. I greatly appreciate the advice you all have given me as well as the compliments. If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing the work of many of the members of the Etsy Mud Team, here is a link to our Etsy shop:

http://EtsyMudTeam.etsy.com

Well, that's about all I have to say for now. Go Steelers!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment